- Are you experiencing low confidence and feel the need to please others?
- Have you been feeling unmotivated, irritable, and not yourself and are unsure of who to talk and what to do?
- Are you a veteran who has returned home and is having trouble adjusting to civilian life and understanding your emotions and behaviors?
- Are you a First Responder who has been in a life-threatening situation and the scenario replays in your mind again and again?
It takes courage to take that first step to decide to see a therapist. If you are feeling uncomfortable in your body, I offer an interactive approach to therapy in which you can learn ways to calm down internally and feel more at ease on a physical level.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and Board-Certified Dance/Movement Therapist in the state of Pennsylvania, as a well as a 200-hour level Professional Yoga Teacher. Since graduating from Drexel University, I have focused my professional career on learning about the treatment of trauma utilizing a holistic, person-centered approach that takes into account the fact that trauma impacts both a person’s body and mind. I have provided both individual and group therapy to all age groups.
My trainings include: EMDR (Eye Movement Desentization Therapy, an approved trauma therapy), Clinical Trauma Competency Training (International Trauma Training Institute, https://traumaonline.net/), Certified Skilled Cognitive Therapist (Beck Initiative, UPenn), Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 (Veterans Yoga Project, https://www.veteransyogaproject.org/) and Yoga for Trauma and Addiction (Transformation Yoga Project, http://transformationyogaproject.org/).
No matter what you have been through, I am committed to helping you deal with what happened in the past as you learn new ways of feeling, new perspectives, and new ways of coping so you can be able to enjoy the moment now. I look forward to working with you to find out what your goals are.
- Individual and Group Therapy for Adults (verbal and therapeutic movement group therapy)
- Resolving Trauma
- Anxiety, Depression
- Substance Use
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transition/Stress
On A Personal Note:
Though I am not a veteran, I have the unique personal experience of growing up in a family in which my father is a veteran, as well as other family members.